How to connect to the EON blockchain mainnet.
- OS: Windows / Linux / macOS
- Openssl: https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Binaries
1. Generate a passphrase (seed) – 32 random bytes in HEX:
- Recommended method: openssl rand -hex 32
- Easy method: eon seed
2. Download the client:
3. Configure the client (config.json):
- Enter the generated passphrase in <SEED>: “seed”: “<SEED>”
- SEED is secret information used to generate a key pair. Keep it private.
- Configure the client to Mainnet using the following URL: peer.eontechnology.org:9443
4. Register on registration portal with your public key:
- To get your public key and Account ID call: eon info
- In the output pay attention to the following fields:
- New account: EON-……..
- Public key for account: ……..
- Command output example:
> eon info Client for EON peer, 2017 v0.10 command available to use: refill, withdraw, payment, new_account commited, uncommited, state, attributes, info, seed EON account from seed Seed: 3744ae15cf119f92f09c9dedd05ba75469c83888daf2fc855e7a5f0895edd965 Account: EON-GUNFH-TF5TS-XACVY Public key: 6f4d850fac5ad31cf5316f0b53d71e622337237078893c26491d09ac85753fe3 end...
- Go to portal: https://portal.eontechnology.org/ and enter the data you got during the previous steps
5. Confirm your email.
6. Wait until the registration is completed. Now you can use your client!